The Boston Comedy Festival aspires to be the best multi-day comedy event in New England. This nine-day event is committed to bringing the New England community together through both live and filmed comedy. The festival promotes smiles, laughter, and an all-around good time through its display of comedic performance.
We have many goals in producing this annual festival:
- Seek out and find comedic talent in all corners of the entertainment industry.
- Bring audiences the best talent possible, and create an environment where performers can create new and exciting comedy together.
- Encourage the contemporary creativity that is constantly emerging in this field and strives to educate people about the rich history of this genre.
- Expose audiences to comedy as not only as a form of joy, but also as an art form.
- Expose audiences and fellow comedians to work they otherwise might not be able to see
- Showcase our fair city
- Foster a sense of community among a national network of performers
- and lastly, to have a good time producing good comedic theatre
For over a decade the Boston Comedy Festival has been the “Comic’s Comedy Festival,” showcasing the most innovative up and coming stand-up comedians in the country, the go-to for the industry looking for their next big comedy star. It is a great opportunity for audiences to get an inside look at the best comics of today in a city legendary for producing comedy genius.
The Boston Comedy Festival also brings stars such as Lewis Black, Dennis Leary, Joan Rivers, The Smothers Brothers and Louis CK to Beantown as well a hilarious independent films and premium improv and sketch comedy.