Stand Up Comedy Contest Submissions
Submissions must be completed by September 15th 2014
Please note that you will not be considered eligible for entry until you have supplied all necessary information:
- Short Bio (limited to 200 words)
- Link to a 5-7 min, live, unedited performance of your act. (Please don't set your video to private. If it's private, we can't see it.)
Short Film Submissions
- Funny, Short (ideally less than 15 minutes, but no longer than 20 minutes)
- Completed between January 2012 and September 2014
- Submission fee is $25(or $20 for films under 6 minutes) and be submitted before the deadline of September 30, 2014
- The Boston Comedy & Movie Festival “Shorts” Best Film will be judged by the Audience.
- Films selected for the Boston Comedy & Movie Festival will also be eligible to be screened during the Southeast New England (SENE) Film, Music & Arts Festival (April 21-26, 2015)
Boston Comedy Festival Stand Up Competitions FAQ's
Q. When is the submission deadline?
A. The deadline for the Boston Comedy Festival Stand-Up Contest is Sept 1st 2014
Late Submissions by Sept 15th 2014
Q. The video I want to use is longer then 7 min can I still send it?
A. If your video is longer than 7 minutes you can still submit it but due to the volume of submissions we only guarantee that we watch the FIRST 5 minutes.
Q. I don't like the internet can I mail you a dvd and a check?
A. Sorry, we no longer accept dvds and checks
Q. How many comics get accepted into the Stand-Up Competition?
Q. How much time will I do?
A. The Boston Comedy Festival:
The Preliminary sets are 5 minutes.
Semi Final and Final Sets are 8 min
*Note there is a penalty if you go over your time.
Q.Can I do the same material in each round?
A. That is up to you.
Q. How is the order of comedians picked for each show?
A. We randomly draw numbers before the show. The number you draw is the order in which you will perform. This is part of the reason that we ask you arrive half an hour early.
Q. How will I learn if I am accepted to perform?
A. We will email you the date and time of your preliminary round.
Q. I didn't get in. Can I still come and hang out?
A.YES! If you submitted a complete application you are more then welcome to come to the shows and after-parties. Just email us at email@example.com requesting your credentials By October 1st 2014
Q. What shows will I be able to get in to with my performer pass?
A.Your credentials get you in to all shows. However, ticket holders and Industry credentials get priority seating. On occasions when our shows are very popular and seats are filled Performer credentials will be ushered to a stand room only until we are at Fire Capacity. Television and audio are provided for anyone who is not able to safely it in to the performance area. Being a part of festival where we are packed is not the worst thing in world!
The Boston Comedy Festival strives to bring the best in independent comedic films to the Boston area and to help independent filmmakers and the independent film community to grow.